Saturday, June 27, 2009

We really need Jesus

Sometimes I look at parts of our world and the only feeling I get is one of my heart breaking. Sometimes I look at parts of our world and the only thought I get is "Why?"
I will now go on to say a bit more about these first two ideas. Not to worry, this was only my captivating intro...

So I work in a part of town where I see people that look broken. This last year I feel like I do know in part some of what it means to be broken. I know that God often brings people to a place of brokenness so that we see how completely dependent we are on Him and nothing besides Him. Yes, this year I feel like God brought me to a place where I had to deal with some things that weren't fun to deal with but He showed me so much more of His heart through that which was awesome.

But then there are times where I see people and I think, "How could I even think I know what its like to be broken?" What's really on my heart now are the women who don't know any other way of life than waiting on the streets to be picked up by some man. It breaks my heart that they are there and it makes me angry that there are people who think that that is a fine way of treating another person. I don't understand why this has to be in our world, yet I can't ignore it either. I want people to see how valuable they are to Jesus. I want people to see how much they are loved. I want people to not hurt. And then there are other people that I want God to slap in the face and show them that they need to change! That they are to treat people with respect.

I want women to see that they are not objects made to be used. But this is a vicious cycle in our society. Women are being objectified in pretty much every commercial and in so many movies. Its starting to just become the mindset of so many girls that this is how they are to dress and this is how they are to act. And it becomes the mindset of boys that this is how they are to treat girls and this is how they can live. But it needs to change. This isn't how God wants the world to be. I want people to know that they are precious to their maker who loves them so unconditionally.

And then I wonder where I come in? Why was I born to parents that loved me and brought me up in a family that loves Jesus? Why do I have privilages that so much of our world doesn't have?

I don't have answers to these questions. But what I do have is the knowledge that Jesus knows what is on my heart. He also knows what is happening and I now that it breaks His heart even more than mine. I know that He is coming back and I know that He will make things right. I know there is hope and I know it is found in Jesus Christ alone. Also, I know that He wants to work through us and that He sometimes breaks our hearts for what breaks His for the reason that He wants to do something about it through us. So I want to be open to Him continuing to lead me in what I can do. For now I will continue to seek His face. Because He knows whats going on and He is where my hope is ground. The only one that has the right to rule is Jesus! And there is hope in His name! Praise God that there is hope.

"My Hope is Built on Nothing Less"
by Edward Mote, 1797-1874

1. My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

2. When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

3. His oath, His covenant, and blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When every earthly prop gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found,
Clothed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne!
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

1 comment:

Janna said...

Good thoughts. I think that it is a good sign when our hearts start to break for people that aren't us.

Hello Planet Earth

By Planet Earth, I am actually referring to those of you who have entered this new world called My Blog. Welcome here. I hope that you enjoy your stay and encourage others in this direction as well. Have a truly marvelous day. I am seeing how this works. Will this message show up on the screen? I only hope so for your sake.